In early spring of 2007 I decided to quit my job, sell my house along with nearly everything else that I owned, and to live out of my car while traveling the country. These are my stories (and pictures) of life on the road.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Do what your mother says

A little while back my mother left a comment (complaint) on my blog-

Hey, the food looks delicious and you're a great cook (I know from experience what you can do with a can of tuna!), but I want more pictures of other things. Can I make some requests? I'd like to see a photo of an animal or bird that would never be seen in Iowa, a cat, and an interesting shadow. And you! And can you get them all in one shot? Just kidding.

I don't normally take 'requests' when it comes to photos because I usually just take pictures of what I want when I feel like it, but it just so happened that the day after she left that I finally got around to posting my wrap up of the Olympic Peninsula which included pictures of some slugs and marine life that you'll never see in the Midwest.

Then while I was spending some time in the San Juan islands this past weekend I heard a noise behind me while out for a walk and found a friendly little kitty who was happy to get some attention before laying down in the shade for another nap.

While walking around a Marina in the San Juans I also liked the way the reflecting water looked in a shadow on the side of yacht so I took a snap of that too.

When I decided to shave my head I couldn't do it without setting up the camera and some lighting to document the process so that took care of more pictures of me. Not to mention one of my new cameras has a flip around screen to make self portraits a real breeze now so expect to see more of them.

So I guess I can say I did them all on my own but I know that in the back of my head I was thinking I needed to do what my mother says and that's the real reason for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Alan. You're a good son. I miss you!

You've reached the end of the page but that's not the end of the stories. If you want to read more (and who wouldn't!?) then click on the archive links to the right hand side of the page. They're listed by month; the adventure starts in May.

The February archives aren't actually from this trip but are previous adventures I've had, which are worth reading as well.