In early spring of 2007 I decided to quit my job, sell my house along with nearly everything else that I owned, and to live out of my car while traveling the country. These are my stories (and pictures) of life on the road.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Duane Gage 1921-2008

At 2 AM on Saturday morning Duane Gage passed away in his home, just as he wanted it. The passing was as peaceful as could have been hoped for and at the time of death he was surrounded by three of his four children, a grandson, and his wife of 66 years.

2 comments:

Keeneye said...

What an amazing life.

66 years of marriage...

My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Al, You are an amazing man. So kind to your grandparents. Mine were special to me and I miss them to this day. I am also glad you are spending time with your grandmother after Duane's passing. I only met them once but knew they were good people. I know what a tough time it is. God bless you always. Your forever friend Edith

You've reached the end of the page but that's not the end of the stories. If you want to read more (and who wouldn't!?) then click on the archive links to the right hand side of the page. They're listed by month; the adventure starts in May.

The February archives aren't actually from this trip but are previous adventures I've had, which are worth reading as well.