In early spring of 2007 I decided to quit my job, sell my house along with nearly everything else that I owned, and to live out of my car while traveling the country. These are my stories (and pictures) of life on the road.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Blankets of White


From a scenic standpoint this has been the most beautiful winter I can remember in a long time. We haven't gotten buried in snow but it seems every time we get a warm spell that turns the snow to a hard, dirty crust with dirt showing through we get a light snow that covers everything up with fluffy white powder again. Lot's of foggy weather too which puts a heavy coating of hoarfrost on nearly everything and is absolutely gorgeous, especially when the clouds burn off and the sun starts shining.

Unfortunately I haven't had very much luck motivating myself to photograph all this beautiful scenery. It's not that I haven't been out enjoying myself, it's just that a lot of days I've been leaving the camera at home. I did manage to take some shots yesterday when Rudy and I were out on a hike and I figured I'd share a few of them here.

You can also follow this link to a small slideshow of images I've taken this winter. Or if you want to skip the slideshow and just see the gallery click here instead.

As pretty as it might be I am getting a little tired of the cold and snow. I just might have to get out of here and head to a warmer climate for a while.

No comments:

You've reached the end of the page but that's not the end of the stories. If you want to read more (and who wouldn't!?) then click on the archive links to the right hand side of the page. They're listed by month; the adventure starts in May.

The February archives aren't actually from this trip but are previous adventures I've had, which are worth reading as well.