In early spring of 2007 I decided to quit my job, sell my house along with nearly everything else that I owned, and to live out of my car while traveling the country. These are my stories (and pictures) of life on the road.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What's Going On

Everyday I keep meaning to post something on my blog and the next thing I know I'm in bed and drifting off to sleep. So tonight I'm going to try and pound something out before the sandman gets to me; I better make it a condensed version. Here goes:

Good things-

  1. My creative writing class is going well at the local college, even though it keeps getting cancelled because of bad weather.
  2. Now that winter is close to being over I'm really starting to get into it. Rudy and I have been going on quite a few long hikes and have really been enjoying it.
  3. I got a job at The Daily News, our local newspaper. No set hours and it's a temporary gig but it should be a great learning experience and I'm looking forward to it.
  4. Spring is just around the corner, as is a likely trip to Arizona for two or three weeks!
Not so good news-
  1. My grandfather's health (on my father's side) continues to fail and it's not looking very good, at least we all knew it was coming. I've been spending quite a bit of time at the shop filling in for my dad while he's helping take care of them as well spending a couple days with my grandparents to help out.
  2. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up (but maybe that's a good thing).
Ummm, I think that about covers it for now. I'm sure I'll think of a bunch more stuff as soon as I post this. Here's a few pictures to gander at from the last week too.
























No comments:

You've reached the end of the page but that's not the end of the stories. If you want to read more (and who wouldn't!?) then click on the archive links to the right hand side of the page. They're listed by month; the adventure starts in May.

The February archives aren't actually from this trip but are previous adventures I've had, which are worth reading as well.