In early spring of 2007 I decided to quit my job, sell my house along with nearly everything else that I owned, and to live out of my car while traveling the country. These are my stories (and pictures) of life on the road.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Belated 4th

I've been meaning to get this posted for a while but haven't taken the time to sit down and organize the pictures and video.

A few days before the 4th of July I found myself in Plain, Washington for a 4th of July iATN camp out at Albin's place. Every year a bunch of iATN members from around the world gather at Albin's place for some fun, learning, and relaxation.

I had a absolutely fantastic time at Albin's and am very happy I happened to be traveling through the area this summer. It was a great time, with great people, and great food!!

I can't thank everyone enough for making it happen. Not only to Alice and Albin for hosting this great event but to everyone else who chipped in to organize, cook, clean, and make everyone feel welcome. Thank you all.

Also thanks to Pat and Harvey Chan who invited everyone up to their house in Vancouver, BC for a few days after the celebration was over at Albin's. They were great hosts and showed us some great sites. Also big ups to Steve Brotherton's sister Leslie and her husband Trace for inviting all of us out for a day cruise aboard their yacht; it was a truly amazing experience.

I'd highly encourage any iATN members reading this to take the time and head out to Albin's place next year, I don't think you'll regret it. I'd write more about it but they're almost ready to kick me out of the cafe that I'm in at which point I won't have an internet connection.

For some more to the story and to view some pictures here's a link to a Flickr set from Albin's place. There is more information about the pictures in the description of each one. Below are a couple videos from launching Donald (you'll know what I'm talking about after looked at the pictures I linked to).



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved those videos of "launching Donald"! The best part was hearing everyone's reaction. It was good to hear your happy voice. But it made me realize how uneventful life can be without you. You've always had a way of making things happen, whether I wanted them to or not!

You've reached the end of the page but that's not the end of the stories. If you want to read more (and who wouldn't!?) then click on the archive links to the right hand side of the page. They're listed by month; the adventure starts in May.

The February archives aren't actually from this trip but are previous adventures I've had, which are worth reading as well.