In early spring of 2007 I decided to quit my job, sell my house along with nearly everything else that I owned, and to live out of my car while traveling the country. These are my stories (and pictures) of life on the road.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Flickr Overview

For anyone not familiar with using Flickr here's a quick rundown-

Flickr is a photo storage/sharing site and it's where I upload my photos that I use on my blog. I also have many shots there that aren't used in my blog posted there that you may be interested in checking out.

This link will take you to my main Flickr page where you see all the photos I've uploaded listed one page at a time. On the right hand side you'll see my "collections". They let me group large sets of pictures together. For example you'll see one collection is called "My Big Trip" and inside that collection are smaller "sets" that contain pictures from specific portions of my current trip. It's all pretty self explanatory and I don't think you'll have a problem navigating it.

Directly under my name on the main page you'll also see links that let you view all my sets, some of which aren't in any collections. These are much easier ways to view my photos rather then just going through one at a time.

There are also multiple ways to view the pictures. When you open up a set you'll see it laid out like this with one larger picture and clickable thumbnails. If you click the "details" link towards the top of the page you'll get this view; which lets you view them a little larger without opening individual pictures (note that there might me too many images to show on just one page in this view). You can also choose to view all the pictures in a set as a slide show.

Once you open an individual picture by clicking on it you still have many options, all listed directly above the picture itself. The most used will probably be "all sizes" which allows you to see smaller or larger versions of the same picture (who would have guessed!).

The easiest way to learn to use Flickr is to just start messing around with it. It's a fantastic site and is very user friendly while still being very powerful. I'd recommend Flickr to anyone that wants to share some of their photos online.

No comments:

You've reached the end of the page but that's not the end of the stories. If you want to read more (and who wouldn't!?) then click on the archive links to the right hand side of the page. They're listed by month; the adventure starts in May.

The February archives aren't actually from this trip but are previous adventures I've had, which are worth reading as well.